Network Next
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A site for media sharing through YouTube, deviantART, Photobucket, and whatever else you can scrape together. Characters welcome, New Ideas embraced

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Recent DVD & Blu-ray Pick-Ups #3

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SuperCodyvideos

SuperCodyvideos

Recent DVD & Blu-ray Pick-Ups #3 Empty
PostSubject: Recent DVD & Blu-ray Pick-Ups #3   Recent DVD & Blu-ray Pick-Ups #3 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 7:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Silver
Admin
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Recent DVD & Blu-ray Pick-Ups #3   Recent DVD & Blu-ray Pick-Ups #3 EmptySat Sep 15, 2012 9:01 pm

Cool list. I'll have to look into it. One of those I'd never heard of. Also, I sadly do not own Mask of Phantasm but I agree that it is one if, if not the best Batman movies if not the best.

I LOVE I-Robot.

The only one on the list I'm kind of "Eh" on is Ghost Rider. Yes, I know it's LOADS better than the first one and I did enjoy it and all but I feel like giving it more than the "Average" rating I gave it would just be giving it points for being so much better than the first one. The actions was the main draw for me in this one and the biggest letdown for me of the first one. I also wasn't really very fond of a lot of the humor. But I do think it was cool how they showed that he can "Demonize" pretty much anything he touches. Like when he had that...it was crane, right? The biggest "What?" in this one to me was the guy playing the devil. I've seen him do SO much better and with material that could actually be considered worse than what he had to work with here. That look he kept wearing around was too goofy for me. The goofy factor whenever he was changing was also pretty "...Do we honestly need this?" I mean I understand where they were coming from but for me it was too much. The storyline was another thing that was heaps better than the original. I think I'm going to RE-review this one in joint with the first one.

Funfact: This movie was ACTUALLY supposed to be a reboot instead of a sequel or prequel. But when Nic Cage signed on to reprise his role, it kind of warped that so it became a freaky blend of Reboot and Sequel because it can't be a prequel. He became the Rider for the first time in the first movie. A few people considered for the role originally were Bradley Cooper (Meh) and the guy from Avatar and the Titans movies. I keep forgetting his name. But if they'd used him, they would have been going with the Dan Ketch GR. I personally like Johnny Blaze more per the comics and while I don't think Nic Cage honestly does the character I'm more fond of all that much justice, he's Nic Cage. Whether the movie is bad or good, the dude is just fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
SuperCodyvideos

SuperCodyvideos

PostSubject: Re: Recent DVD & Blu-ray Pick-Ups #3   Recent DVD & Blu-ray Pick-Ups #3 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 12:06 am

I personally really enjoyed it I think it I would give it a 7/10 purely on the fact of how much fun I had but I will admit it did have it's problems. I agree the humor was sort of awkward, and out of place. The Devil I thought could've been handled a lot better in fact that's the only thing I liked about the first one ironically enough was the guy who played The Devil. I also felt mixed about the kid I didn't like him or hate him mostly cause they give us like 2 scenes to get to know him before the end of the movie and that's it. I think what saves the bad stuff from making it average for me is most of the stuff that didn't work for me while it was still somewhat present and bad wasn't really focused on. Yes their were problems but I think most of there main focuses in the movie was just really entertaining. Except the humor the only joke I laughed at was "What a waste of good wine" When the priest guy knocks the guy's out with the wine bottle (I can't remember his name.) I thought that was funny it made me chuckle. I also think what saves it for me is I've barely been able to read anything about Ghost Rider mostly cause I live in Kansas and there are like no comic stores in my area at all so I have to search for comics around my area. I'm actually surprised I know as much as I know living here with no comic stores around. Lol. I loved the action though. I also actually thought Nicholous Cage did a good job playing Johnny Blaze in this one. His type of over the top acting really worked cause Johnny is basically almost losing his sanity with the Rider in him so his over the top performance for ounce made since in the scenes he was over the top. I think also it was just so much fun for me cause it was so fast paced this movie moves at like 100 m/ph and it never slows down. So I just had a really fun time with it. Overall a really awesome and fun movie with a good amount of flaws but I still thought it was really good.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Admin
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Recent DVD & Blu-ray Pick-Ups #3   Recent DVD & Blu-ray Pick-Ups #3 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 1:36 am

Yes, see, I am held down by comic faithfulness and we had that talk about the person who told me to Omit the fact that The Amazing Spider-Man was a movie about Spider-Man so I could agree with him about the movie being bad and I just will not do that. I get that you may not have access to the comics so I don't hold that against you really but I'm a die-hard fan of the original comics. Johnny's actually a much more low key person so I can't give the movie the extra point bump for a good characterization I'm sorry to say.

I agree with you on that thing about the kid. He was just kind of there...odd considering the movie is, in essence, about him.

One thing I will give this movie full credit for and acknowledge was done marvelously was the cinematography.
Back to top Go down
SuperCodyvideos

SuperCodyvideos

PostSubject: Re: Recent DVD & Blu-ray Pick-Ups #3   Recent DVD & Blu-ray Pick-Ups #3 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 2:03 pm

I understand if you don't really enjoy it because of it not being loyal to the comics. I mean that's the reason I hated the movie Green Lantern because I felt they made the awesome and original origin story of Green Lantern into a generic origin story and what they did with Paralax how he was there and then Hal just beat him like he was nothing ticked me off. I really do want to read Ghost Rider but for some reason it's the hardest comic to find around my area I've read a few comics but not enough to really know how Ghost Rider should be although I am hoping they reboot the series one day and take down a more dark and serious route, cause while I really enjoyed this one I thought it was a really fun super hero movie. I think Ghost Rider could be taken seriously I don't know how serious it is in the comics but I think they could do a lot with him. I do hope they make one that pleases comic fans as well as movie goers as I think Ghost Rider could be another Dark Knight, or Avengers if handled correctly. I still found the movie really fun but I can understand someone not liking it. I am wondering what would be a good Ghost Rider comic to hunt down as I've been trying to find some but never can.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Admin
Silver

PostSubject: Re: Recent DVD & Blu-ray Pick-Ups #3   Recent DVD & Blu-ray Pick-Ups #3 EmptySun Sep 16, 2012 2:06 pm

Well I don't read newer comics unless it's requested that I review them. I just read the old serial comics from like the 80's back so I can't really recommend anything in particular.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recent DVD & Blu-ray Pick-Ups #3   Recent DVD & Blu-ray Pick-Ups #3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Recent DVD & Blu-ray Pick-Ups #3
Page 1 of 1